Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Preaching on the Parkway

I am so very thankful for this past Sunday. Pastor Max preached all three services and did an as usual great job. I appreciate him sharing how great our God is even in the midst of death.

I went with Travelin’ Light to the Parkway Sunday. We had 52 people, 31 bikes. I didn’t know a lot of those who went but boy did I love getting to know them. It was a very good ride. We stopped for gas in Shelby Sunday morning. I met two men there who wanted to ride with us. They both were Believers. One man had a son who was in a ministry. We talked a few minutes and the two said they would like to come check out CHBC and the ministries we have.

We went on up to Crabtree Meadows on the Parkway to have a picnic and some real food from the Word. I enjoyed speaking to those present, realizing that several did not have a relationship with Christ and several who because of things happening in their life had not been in church for a long time. I could not help thinking the whole way up, how much God in Christ loved everyone of the individuals riding.

I shared three important lessons after the picnic and before anyone could dose off! 1. The journey is never over, that’s the beauty of it. I shared how for some their lifethey think, is a journey and when they come to know Christ it like “well its over, I have done what I needed to do, it’s done.” But I explained that the journey of life really doesn’t begin until you enter that personal love relationship with Christ. He is the real deal. Hebrews 5:11-6:3 (NLT) “There is so much more we would like to say about this. But you don't seem to listen, so it's hard to make you understand. [12] You have been Christians a long time now, and you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things a beginner must learn about the Scriptures. You are like babies who drink only milk and cannot eat solid food. [13] And a person who is living on milk isn't very far along in the Christian life and doesn't know much about doing what is right. [14] Solid food is for those who are mature, who have trained themselves to recognize the difference between right and wrong and then do what is right. [6:1] So let us stop going over the basics of Christianity again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don't need to start all over again with the importance of turning away from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. [2] You don't need further instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. [3] And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.” (See 1 Corinthians 3:1ff).

2. There is Someone inside you, let Him out. I explained how when you repent of your sins and invite Christ into your life He comes in. All of Him. The Holy Spirit gives us gifts and abilities that we need to let Him express through us to build up others and His church and His kingdom. Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV) "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. [15] Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. [16] In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”

3. When the passion comes, there’s no denying it. I explained again that it is about Jesus the real deal. That when you know Him and His forgiveness a passion to live for Him will drive us, lead us and consume us. Following Jesus takes us places we don’t always expect to go. I told the group “You didn’t know you would be in Church today but here you are.!” I went on to explain that Church is not a building but the people redeemed by Christ’s blood. I then explained how to know Christ and to make a new commitment and led in prayer.

While I was praying I heard a strange sound like the grinding of brakes. When I finished praying, I dismissed everyone to pack up and get ready to ride. Someone said, “Pastor Raymond, this man would like to speak to you.” I looked and it was the Park Ranger. I went over and he asked me “What is all this?” I told him who I was and what we were doing and he began to shed a couple of tears. He told me that he had listened as I prayed and that he was saved three years before. He had been to the Gulf Coast and worked in Disaster Relief and someone there had given him a motorcycle. He brought it back and started a ministry in his church with just six bikers. He shared some of testimony with tears and we rejoiced. He wants to bring some from his church here to learn about ministry and participate in the Bike Rally September 9. He liked the idea of riding with on some of our rides. We exchanged info and he praised God for our willingness to do such a ministry.

Later I learned of several decisions that some had made. I rejoice. I rejoice that CHBC is such a great Church that we will do ministry where people are. That we support ministry endeavors. I am thankful that God has blessed us with such great people that many decisions can be made both in the building and outside the building at the same time.

Everywhere we went people wanted to know about us and our church and we got to tell them about both but more importantly about Jesus who makes all things possible. God Bless you as you serve Him!

Father, I praise you for the decisions made at CHBC Sunday. Thank You for the message Pastor Max preached and for moving in such a way that many responded. Thank You for Travelin’ Light and using that ministry to touch many lives Sunday as well. Thank You for allowing us to be lights that can shine for You. For each one who reads this lead them to You and to Your Grace and Forgiveness and help them get involved using their gifts and abilities to build up others, Your Church and Your Kingdom. In Jesus Name Amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexas said...

your blog is so inspiring......thank you so much!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Alexas said...

gracias!! he is lucky!!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home