Monday, July 17, 2006

This past week was great, busy but great. Sunday night we began a week of Vacation Bible School. 53 Children prayed to receive Christ during the week. That is fantastic but now the real work begins to help those that attend Church to grow in their faith and to help their parents be the parents they need to be. i hope that we can reach the families of those who do not attend Church and help them come to faith in Christ. I am so thankful for all the volunteers who worked long hours to make VBS such a great success.

I taught the adult VBS each night through Thursday. We had about an hour and a half each night in our study of Philippians. I had hoped I could keep the study more like a survey of the book and cover all the book. But such are plans and intentions. We looked at chapter 1 and 2 and then ended with chapter 4. The theme was "Joy". I learned so much myself through my preparation for each session. I urged those who attended to read and study Philippians on their own and to get a copy of Chuck Swindoll's book on Philippians titled "Laugh Again". It is a very good exposition of Philippians.

During the week the Middle East erupted in war. Israel had a soldier captured by Hezbollah and in return bombed Lebanon. The war has escalated and may get even more intense. The psalmist says "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem." I hope that is what all believers will do. There are believers in all the countries involved and they as well as the govt. leaders need our prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home